Weight progress ticker

Monday 20 June 2011

HALFWAY THERE :-) !!!!

So I've reached a couple of more milestones yesterday; 150 miles total as well as the halfway distance of a marathon - 13 miles.

I was only due to do 11 according to my fitness program but I thought if I am going to run 11 I might as well squeeze out an extra 2 and reach this milestone. I am very pleased I did all though I was VERY tired in the last 2-3 miles.

For the first 8-9 miles I felt good and even though my route has a LONG stretch of uphill running (which I pass twice) I still felt like I managed it very well - even on the 2nd time round. In the last 2-3 I nearly felt like giving up and it was will power that kept me going.

Since I got back yesterday - My knee and legs have been hurting so it will be interesting to see how the recovery goes.

I am already looking to the next milestone - 15 miles which I am due to do in 3-4 weeks time. Until then I hope to push on and lose some more weight.

All the best,

Erik

3 comments:

  1. Well done mate! To help your recovery after something like that do LOTS of stretching and go for a SLOW 5-6 miler and your muscles and knees will be grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rest on Mondays - 4 miles due tomorrow and so I will take it easy!

    ReplyDelete