Weight progress ticker

Thursday 23 June 2011

New experience

Yesterday I had a hard time of it, and experienced something I haven't before. I went to do my 6 mile course, and I wanted to really push on so I did the first 2 miles with both miles being 9 minute-somethings. I then got to a massive hill which I normally run up but I struggled. I had to walk for a large chunk of the hill. This has never happened before.

I think it's partly due to the (relatively) fast opening pace and also some fatigue from my 13-miler on Sunday. I was still a bit annoyed. I had to cut my route short and I still did 5 miles in 55 minutes at 11 min per mile as average. If you take into account I walked for 3-4 minutes of that, it's not a bad pace.

I have a cross day today which means Gym and so hopefully I will fare better on my run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment