Weight progress ticker

Sunday 5 June 2011

Running with a hangover is no fun

So I've been a bit sloppy recently and had more alcohol than I probably should have and I've even missed a couple of sessions. A similar story where last night I was a little bit on the drunk side - and this morning I was due a LONG one at 7 miles.

I was determined to not let my sloppiness affect my run this morning and so I got up and ran 7 miles in one of my best times of 1h 13mins so just over 10min per mile. I was very impressed and I pushed myself the whole way, even drawing up a route that would mean finishing on a long punishing uphill just as punishment for myself for being sloppy. I hope this is motivation to be a bit better in the long run. It certainly wasn't enjoyable on the run as I could smell and taste the alcohol from last night.

This week coming up is another sloppy one as I am going to Download festival and camping for 5 days. I will catch up with you guys when I'm back.

All the best.

Erik

1 comment: