Weight progress ticker

Friday 7 October 2011

Diet goals

So in order to do well with the race and in order to get to a stage where I believe I can complete the race I have set myself so goals in my diet. I'm not going to count every calorie I eat but I hope some simple rules will help me on my way:


  1. No crisps or chocolate consumed until March
  2. A limit of 5 days where I can drink alcohol between now and Christmas - then 3 days between Jan-March
  3. 5 takeaways between now and March - I'm not including meals out but simply trying to cut out the random Wendesday night Pizza or KFC on a Saturday lunch time.
I don't have too many takeaways as it is today but I think some simple rules will help. The biggest test for me I think will be crisps - I can't get enough normally. Alcohol is another test but the motivation of running the marathon should hopefully see me through - it's not like I'm cutting it out all together.

What do you all think?

Erik

4 comments:

  1. I think you should increase the number of individual days you are allowed to drink, but give each day a maximum amount, so you don't think "ah well, it's one of my drinking days, I'll go nuts!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the days I have assigned are ones where I will go nuts as they are birthdays/stag-do's etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the late comment, I've been catching up!! I agree with Scott you can have a drink more often as long as you only have a small amount, although I suppose if it's too hard to limit yourself to one drink on an evening cutting it out might be the way forward!

    Not that we are encouraging you to drink or anything lol!!

    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the days where I will drink, I will go nuts as it's birthdays and other stuff going on. I think I can do it. I've done 2 weeks nearly and I'm not really suffering.

    ReplyDelete