Weight progress ticker

Wednesday 5 October 2011

New goals, new start, EXCITED

So most of you regulars will notice that I haven't updated the blog in a while and there is a reason. I was going off running - it was getting very boring and so I didn't keep up like I should have! This was made worse when it was confirmed to me that I didn't get a space in the London Marathon and there were no more entry places for the backup plan - the Brighton marathon either.

So what I was in DESPERATE need of was a new goal to re-ignite all the early initiative that I had toward my running and the inspiration and the idea came from my friend Dave who's got some experience in running marathons. He suggested doing a European city marathon as it's so much cooler than London and it will also give me a chance to visit somewhere I haven't before.

The choice was very much impulse but I've decided to run the BARCELONA marathon on 25th March 2012. My friend Dave agreed to run it with me and so I'm now very excited and flights, hotel and spot in the marathon is booked!

So, to the training. I've drawn up a similar plan to take me up to March 25th. It's very similar to before but the difference this time is that I don't have to start from scratch! I have 199 miles under my belt to date and I think that could only be a good thing. I'll update with the training plan in a few days or so, so that you can see what I'm doing.

I can also say I'll try and keep the blog more up to date!

All the best!!

Erik

1 comment: