Weight progress ticker

Monday 21 November 2011

Feeling the effects

I am writing to you this Monday morning feeling slightly beat up. I had a really good run on Saturday morning, again with my friend Jamie and we ended up doing a half marathon. We did it in 2:09:46 which is averaging under 10min/mile. I'm very pleased with this as we ran up a massive hill after about 10 miles and did the last mile in 9:07.

Since then I've rested as Sunday-Saturday I had done a total of 42 miles and my body feels like it too! I have a sore shoulder (probably from my weight work in the gym), a sore left calf which was feeling cramp-like towards the end of the run, a sore right ankle and generally I'm feeling a bit leggy. I'm happy with the rest and the soreness isn't too bad. I will try to run again tomorrow, let's see how I get on.

Also, I put on a pound this week which I'm not to fussed with. I was good all week and so I think it's mainly muscle.

Got to keep powering on!

-Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment