Weight progress ticker

Thursday 17 November 2011

Running with somebody helps!

In the past 2 days I have run with my friend Jamie who's at a more advanced level than me and he's ran marathons before. It's great insight because he is also coming to Barcelona for the marathon and so can give me tips along the way.

When you run with somebody it definitely helps! It makes the time go a lot quicker and especially if you run with someone that is a bit more advanced - it forces you to pick the pace up at all times which in itself is good training. I did 4 miles instead of 3 on Tuesday and 8 miles instead of 7 yesterday, both in very good time - mainly because of Jamie. The run yesterday was the first run where it has been FREEZING cold and so for the first 2-3 miles I did not enjoy it but in the end it turned out to be a good pleasurable(ish) run.

Let's hope the decent week continues, gym session tonight as per usual and then another run with Jamie on Saturday. We've said minimum 10 miles but let's see how far our legs will take us!

No comments:

Post a Comment