Weight progress ticker

Monday 9 May 2011

8 miles - really pleased

So last week (which finished yesterday) was a very good one in my opinion and I'm very pleased. The swimming was a disappointment but the running was more positive. The Friday run was supposed to be 3 miles but I went to run with my best mate (who's also running the marathon) for the first time to see how we kept pace together.

We had a similar pace and instead of the 3 miles, we did 4! Hopefully we'll be able to run the whole thing together.

And then yesterday I had the massive challenge of 8 miles. I drew up a route that was 8.2 miles which I thought was close enough. I also for the first time had some music whilst running and I think that made a massive difference, it really helped. I managed to do the 8.2 miles in 1h 28m which is just faster than 11min/miles and considering it was the furthest I've ran so far - I am really pleased!

Onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment