Weight progress ticker

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Going further - again

So yesterday I had 3 miles scheduled in but as my mate Jamie was running with me I thought "why not do his usual route?" which is about 5 miles.

Halfway round I felt ok and we'd done the first 2 miles in 20-odd minutes so I suggested to go on a bit of a de-tour and run down by the canal/river. It was really nice and scenic but I definitely started to feel it in the legs after about 4 miles - we then had a 3/4 mile stretch of uphill running (which for some reason I find easier than running on flat) after which I was exhausted. We ended up doing 6½ miles in about 1 hour 8mins - just short of 11min per mile.

I was pleased as it was only 2 days since I did the furthest distance I have ever done and my knees etc. feel OK today. I will do the 3 miles penciled in for yesterday this evening instead - let's see how fast I can go!

No comments:

Post a Comment