Weight progress ticker

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Slacking!

So I've had a really bad long weekend in terms of exercise and weight. On Thursday my groin muscle was hurting when I swam so I only managed 15-20 lengths before I had to give up. That's not the worst of it.

I went out and had a drink Thursday night and so wasn't up early enough of Friday and ended up skipping my run. I also had a drink Friday, Saturday and Sunday so 4 days in a row! I did do my 5 mile run on Sunday but I was aching the whole way round as I'd been drinking a lot the 3 days before.

The result is a 2lbs gain on the weigh-in this morning. Not very happy but expected and so now it's time to get back into the swing of things with a 3-mile run today. Let's hope I can loose that 2lbs to go back under the 200lbs mark.

Erik

3 comments:

  1. How often do you stretch? And what stretches do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually before and after the run and sometimes randomly if I feel a bit tight. Thighs, Calves, Hamstrings, groin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good, I would add a hip flexor stretch : http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=uk&client=ms-android-sonyericsson&q=hip%20flexor%20stretches#i=1

    Its the most important but least known muscle for running

    ReplyDelete