Weight progress ticker

Monday 18 April 2011

Week 3: DONE - longest run yet!

Hi all,

So yesterday I was due to run 4 miles according to my training program but my best mate (who's running the marathon with me) is going straight into the training program that I was due to start in 2-3 weeks which required a 6 mile run.

So I decided - I should go for it as well! And I did...

I really struggled on a long uphill section after about 4 miles which lasts for about a mile. When I was running I chose to go a slightly different route which would have got me about 7 miles if I had finished it but after 6.27 miles I was out of steam and had to walk home. I still managed the 6 miles which I'm very pleased about, the time of 1h 8m isn't great but then I'm only 4 weeks into my training and so I'm pleased I managed that.

I've had quite a bad weekend in terms of food and drink so let's see how that's affected my weigh-in tomorrow morning.

I'm going to have to adjust the training program now as well as I am ahead of schedule. I'll post the new on once I've done it.

-Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment