Weight progress ticker

Friday 22 April 2011

Week 4: Just the big one to go

Hi all,

So first of all thank you all VERY much for reading the blog! I've had 500+ hits now and it makes it feel worth wile actually writing the damn thing.

So this week has been interesting, 3 x 3-mile runs and a mile swim so far. The 3 mile run today was painful because of the heat and I also chose a route that goes past the Guide dogs for the blind (for those of you who know Burghfield) which is a steep uphill stretch which nearly took it all out of me.

So, what I have left now is a 7 mile run on Sunday which is further than I've ever ran so that should be very interesting. I am hoping I can do it, I'll certainly try and stay off the beers on Saturday night to help me as last Sunday I was slightly hungover as I did my 6.27 miles.

Sunday means I will also break the 50mile mark in my training which I see as a bit of a milestone. I just hope I can keep all this up!

All the best,

Erik

2 comments:

  1. Doing great, Erik, and you've inspired me to follow a similar training plan. My knee can't take frequent running, so I'm doing the Cross-trainer twice a week and the Treadmill once a week, 5k every time.

    Managed to get my 5k running time down to 27m 10s, so I'm making great progress - not quite as brave as you to try a 7 mile run though. ;)

    Keep it up,

    Rhino

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following Rhino!! Hope you can keep it up too!

    -Erik

    ReplyDelete